Roofing Columbus Ohio
THE COLUMBUS ROOFER YOU CAN TRUST
DESIGN YOUR ROOF
With the help of our professionals, we will work closely with you in choosing the correct roof for your home. Ohio Exteriors is committed to providing you with a roof that will withstand the test of time and weather.
WHEN YOU NEED ROOF REPAIR IN COLUMBUS OHIO, YOU CAN COUNT ON OHIO EXTERIORS
Has your roof suffered any type of damage? Ohio Exteriors is among the top-rated roof repair companies in central Ohio. Depending on the roofing material and the pitch of your roof, it is probably not a good idea for...
Ohio Exteriors offers the quality performance of complete Roofing Systems. Even the most beautiful and high-performance roof shingles can fail without the proper accessories. We’re proud to offer the superior performance of a complete roofing system featuring Owen’s Corning, Atlas, or IKO products...
TYPES OF SHINGLES
- Architectural shingles have a lifetime warranty
- There are more styling and visual options available for architectural shingles
- They are better at hiding roof imperfections
- They are easier to install than 3-tab shingles, but typically require more labor due to the fact that it takes more shingles to cover an area
3-TAB SHINGLES VS ARCHITECTURAL/DIMENSIONAL SINGLES. (25 YEAR VS 30 YEAR SHINGLES)
The 3-tab shingles:
- These are thin, lightweight and have single thickness
- An individual part of the shingle can be lifted by the wind without having to lift the entire shingle
- With a traditional 3-tab shingle, the tabs must be properly lined-up, so that the roof does not have a haphazard or wavy appearance.The 3-tab shingle can be expected to last 20 years – 25 years
- These factors make a 3-tab shingle less desirable in a high wind area
- Also referred to as Dimensional Shingles
- Have a lifetime warranty
- Have a random pattern and, as a result, can be easier to lay out than the standard 3-tab shingles
- Architectural shingles feature larger exposures, better algae- and weather-resistant properties, and a greater array of warranty options.
- Although priced 20 percent to 40 percent higher than standard three-tab shingles, homeowners prefer these products
- In addition to the above factors, they have an attractive appearance with a dimensional, more textured effect
- Extra pieces are laminated on to each shingle to give it a thicker and more random look.
- The extra pieces also add more weight and rigidity to the shingle.
- They are heavier and thicker than 3-tab shingles, promoting longer life, extended durability, and increased wind resistance.
WITH FACTORS RANGING FROM COLOR TO STYLE TO WARRANTY TO WIND RESISTANCE, THE HOMEOWNER HAS MANY OPTIONS TO CHOOSE FROM. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING SHINGLES OR WOULD LIKE TO LOOK AT THE OPTIONS AVAILABLE ATOHIO EXTERIORS, THEN CALL US TODAY AT (614) 372-7459